Find out about our exciting educational opportunities for students of all ages.
The Cobblestone Museum offers guided tours for students of all grade levels. Tours typically include the Cobblestone Church, Ward House, School House, Blacksmith Shop, Print Shop, Harness Shop and Farmer's Hall. Find out why cobblestone masonry was native to this region of New York State. Discover what a typical day in a one room school was like. See what life and worship were like in the late 1880's. Learn why trades such as the printer, harness maker, and blacksmith were so important to the community. Uncover the uses of various agricultural implements before the use of modern technology. Contemplate what life was like in the past.
- Visits may be tailored to include specific topics such as daily life, trades, architecture and the geology of the area.
- Basic Highlight Tour - 3 hours
- Tour times may be adjusted at the request of the teacher to accommodate their school schedule
- Outdoor lunch space is available - limited indoor lunch space
- Cost - $3.00 per student
- Adults - 1 adult chaperone for every 5 students - no charge Additional adults - $3.00 each
The museum is also willing to collaborate with teachers on special projects.
Please call 585 - 589 - 9013 for reservations and more information.